Bless. My. Soul. Those are the three words I said when the clock struck midnight last night (or this morning?). Well, I technically said those words while chasing Tim Riggins in my dreams since I was snoozing hard by 10:30 p.m. It doesn't matter now because it's FRIDAY, which means tomorrow is Saturday. Yes, I am going there. The day after Saturday is Sunday, and on Sunday you will find my roommates and me slinging Christmas decorations while drinking very spirited cider. Haley and I will be battling for the harmony in "Mary Did You Know?" while Gretchen keeps it real with the kazoo. (Sorry, Gretchen,you can have a harmonica if that is better for pitch purposes.) I say all of this to say that Friday is still and will always be the ONE because it leads to greatness.
Since it's Friday, I want to share with you some highlights from my week.
1. Gap jeans found a place in my closet and my heart. I haven't worn a pair of Gap jeans in a donkey's age. I was curious to see how they fit, so I humored myself. I was shocked at how good they looked. After taking the jeans off and putting my tennis shoes on, I went to open the door only to realize that I forgot to put on my pants. That's how excited I was!
2. I made a homemade sweet potato casserole on Wednesday night. I really out did and impressed myself. I gave myself first place for sweet potato genius until Refinery 29 posted Saveur associate food editor Ben Mims' recipe. Food editors will always win. Always.
3. I always feel like this guy when my roommate asks me to go to Pure Barre or Pop Up, and I am female!
4. I keep looking online at this Tribe Alive necklace because it WILL be around my neck very soon will never come off.
5. Friday Night Lights. That doesn't need an explanation.
What's your 5-day recap? I hope you enjoy your brunch as much as I will enjoy mine this weekend.